Disclaimer: As usual, what is written below is my own personal opinion, and may vary from yours. It doesn’t mean to say that either is correct or incorrect, that’s what makes us all Humans.
I have written this blog to show how displeased I am with how hard it is to even obtain an interview, let a lone being offered a stable “Just Over Broke.”
I’m 56, Transgender and spent many years working in Transport.
Due to being out of work for over 6 years, I don’t have recent references, or those where I have done recent work, have ignored my requests.
I’m trying to find employment preferably working from home as a Video Call Centre Agent.
To all Companies, Worldwide, Employing: The following suggestions could help solve not only your vacancy issues, but employ many others.
1. Don’t assume a candidate’s phone signal is strong. Where I reside, it is very weak and calls have dropped out in the past, which have destroyed any chance of a job.
2. Contact Candidates to organise a Video Call, this way, you get to see each other, and gives each a better overview.
3. Look further than a candidate’s resume and Cover Letter. People lie on them.
4. Nurture Candidates, you never know how that in turn will result.
5. Allow Flexibility for Candidates, not all can do what you want when you want.
6. Respond to an Applicant within 48 hours. My cut off is 48 hours after applying.
7. If initial applicants are unsuitable, then go back and sift through the rejects. I’m sick of seeing previously applied for, and rejected from, jobs advertised.
8. Loosen requirements, if an applicant meets most of the requirements, then give them a chance.
9. Who gave you a chance when you needed it? Well, think about that when you are rejecting “Unsuitable Humans.”
10. Allow candidates to commence 1 day per week, to gauge their suitability.
11. Just because a Candidate may not have recent employment, or references, should not exclude them from being given a chance.
12. Not all applicants will be comfortable talking about their private lives, some, like me, may become emotional.
13. Social Youdia is private and must not be a compulsory requirement when applying, unless you plan to pay your team 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, then ok.
14. Boundaries: Many people, like me, do not like to touch others, nor be touched either. For me, this goes back to point 12.
15. Not every person is ambitious and wanting to be promoted, have you ever stopped to think about that? Many people, no matter their age, are happy in more non-leading roles.
16. Please do not dismiss a candidate based on their history, we all learn from our mistakes. If a candidate is honest with you about why they left or were terminated, from a previous position, please accept that. I mention this because recently, I was head hunted and when I admitted why I was terminated, I gave an honest answer, but my suitability was dismissed because of that.
We are all
And deserve to be treated:
In other words, Treat Others How
Want to be treated.
FYI: I have a recent clear Police Check– Expiry October 2021
Working With Children Check Card– Expiry November 2021.
I also provide a Statutory Declaration.